Day Care Centers, Inc. provides year-round high quality child care services for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age, along with before and after school care for children ages 5 through 12 years. From June through August, a summer day camp program is offered. The Day Care’s programs use developmental curriculum that is appropriate to each age group, helping to promote the healthy development of each child according to their own potential.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to educate the whole child, socially, emotionally, physically, and academically while providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment. We recognize individual development and social and cultural differences in each child. We are committed to providing high quality child care programs that stimulate learning, insure success, and promote positive social and emotional awareness in themselves and others.
The day care center, located in the Ardsley Community Education Center, is a state licensed facility. The Day Care was established in 1983 to provide a quality care environment for children of working parents. The program has expanded from a one room to an nine room operation. Individual rooms for children of different age levels offer a variety of experiences in cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
In September of 1986 a before/after school room was opened. This program is for children from 5 through 12 years of age and is offered year round. It offers everything from arts and crafts to homework supervision. During the summer months, this program is expanded to a full day summer camp for children. The summer program offers Arts and Crafts, Class Trips, Swimming, Clubs, Computer Time, Math, Science and Reading enrichment.
From 1990 to 2006 we operated a private Kindergarten program. The program was licensed by the Department of Education and offered an extensive learning experience in all the major areas of instruction.
We were a nationally accredited program through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) from 2000-2007. We have been a Pennsylvania Keystone STAR program since 2005 and a Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts Grantee from 2007- 2010. We participate in a subsidized child care program offered through Montgomery County Child Day Care Services, Child Care Information Services (CCIS).
- Each class follows a written curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for their age group providing an individualized blend of academics and socialization.
- The classroom doors are “Parent Information Boards” to keep you up to date on the weekly events.
- Children play outside 2 times every day!
- Child Assessments / Parent Conferences are completed / held three (3) times a year.
- Snack is provided twice a day.
- Sign language is taught in all rooms.
- Hot Lunch is available to order every Thursday.
- A daily beverage program is offered for all rooms except the Infants.
- Fall, Spring, and Summer class trips for Pre-School classes.
- The Montgomery County Bookmobile and Roslyn Library supplies the Older Toddler and Pre-School classes with a selection of books every month.
- Monthly Newsletters keep parents up to date.
- Music and Gym classes are offered.
Find out about PA STARS...
Video | PDF
Day Care Centers, Inc.:
- Is licensed by the Department of Welfare and the Department of Education.
- Participates in the state subsidized CCIS program.
- Classrooms are staffed by teachers certified in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and assisted by staff with ECE associate degrees and/or Child Development Associate (CDA) certification.
- Is an equal opportunity employer and complies with civil rights, laws, and regulations.
- Is open year round with the exception of New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas.
- Has an Open Door Policy and welcomes its parents to come visit at any time during the day to observe their child/children at play.
- Encourages parents to participate in all school functions.